Glutamate balance and restoration
Reset after exploration and support a sense of tranquility by helping to modulate the balance between the calming influence of GABA and the excitatory effects of glutamate.*
K balance is designed to act centrally within the brain to support a sense of tranquility in those who may feel worried or nervous by beneficially modulating the balance between the calming neurotransmitter, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), and the excitatory neurotransmitter, glutamate.*
- EGCG, taurine, and NAC may help protect nerve cells and their mitochondria from harmful excitotoxic effects and other pro-oxidant influences.*
- NAC may help protect neurons and their mitochondria from oxidative stress as a precursor to glutathione, one of the body’s more powerful endogenously produced antioxidants.*
- Taurine, epigallocatechingallate (EGCG) from green tea leaf extract, and B6 may enhance the metabolism of GABA, a relaxing, inhibitory neurotransmitter.*
- Vitamin B6 is a cofactor in the synthesis of GABA from glutamate.*
- EGCG acts as a reactive oxygen and nitrogen species (RONS) scavenger, buffering neurons and their mitochondria against oxidative stress.*
- Magnesium may beneficially modulate the metabolism of glutamate by supporting calcium ion homeostasis.*
- Magnesium promotes relaxation.*
- Research suggests that the amino acids N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and taurine may be able to cross the blood-brain barrier, a property critical to neuroprotection.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients and dosages
- May have neuroprotective capabilities against glutamate-induced excitotoxicity through several identified mechanisms including opening of the Cl(-)channel associated with GABA(A)and glycine receptors, or a distinct Cl(-)channel*
"Taurine exerts its neuroprotective functions against the glutamate induced excitotoxicity by reducing the glutamate-induced increase of intracellular calcium level, by shifting the ratio of Bcl-2 and Bad ratio in favor of cell survival and by reducing the ER stress."
"Our preliminary work shows that taurine diminished the apparent affinity of NMDA receptor to glycine in the presence of spermine. These results indicate that taurine may directly interact with the NMDA receptor through multiple mechanisms."
- NAC may support the synthesis of glutathione, a key antioxidant, that fights inflammation and improves detoxification*
- NAC helps regulate glutamate levels, which may support a range of learning and memory events and may improve addictive behavior and psychiatric disorders*
- NAC may reduce MDMA’s hyperthermic effects*
- May reduce MDMA memory impairment and cognition*
Overview on the Effects of N-Acetylcysteine in Neurodegenerative Diseases (2018), Protective effect of N-acetylcysteine on bisphenol A-induced cognitive dysfunction and oxidative stress in rats (2011), The protective effect of N-acetylcysteine on oxidative stress in the brain caused by the long-term intake of aspartame by rats (2014)
"Results of the present study show that NAC has potential to reverse cognitive dysfunction and oxidative stress induced by BPA exposure in rats."
"N-acetylcysteine treatment may exert a protective effect against the oxidative damage in the brain, which was caused by the long-term consumption of the acceptable daily dose of aspartame by rats."
EGCG may have neuroprotective and neurorescue abilities. EGCG is considered as an iron chelating - brain permeable - antioxidant agent, which can modulate multiple brain targets.*
"EGCG has demonstrated good radical scavenging and metal chelation properties, in addition to its ability to invoke a range of cellular mechanisms including activation and inhibition of signaling pathways, enhancement of antioxidant action, modulation of cell survival genes and cell death genes, neurite growth and bioenergetic action, induction of iron-chelating effects on Aβ, tau and α-synuclein, elevation of synaptic DA, production of non-amyloidogenic sAPPα, and inhibition of Aβ fibrillation, plaques, tau accumulation, NFT generation and α-synuclein fibrillation."
"Results support a role for NADPH oxidase-mediated ROS production in the cytotoxic effects of Aβ, and demonstrate the therapeutic potential of EGCG and other dietary polyphenols in delaying onset or retarding the progression of AD."
- B6 may support neurotransmitter creation, including serotonin and dopamine*
- B6 deficiency may lead to inflammation*
"This study, in combination with past findings, further supports our hypothesis that inflammation is associated with a functional deficiency of vitamin B-6."
- May support nerve transmission and neuromuscular conduction.*
- May have a protective role against excitotoxicity that can lead to neuronal cell death*
"From a neurological standpoint, magnesium plays an essential role in nerve transmission and neuromuscular conduction. It also functions in a protective role against excessive excitation that can lead to neuronal cell death (excitotoxicity), and has been implicated in multiple neurological disorders."
K balance may help to restore the equilibrium between the neurotransmitters glutamate and GABA.*
Do not use if pregnant or nursing. If you have congestive heart failure, kidney disease, or are taking medication— including anticoagulants—consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Maintain adequate fluid intake while taking this product. Keep out of the reach of children.